WHAT TO EXPECT
What can you expect at Pioneer Baptist Church?
- First, expect a friendly, grace-filled culture—it is our hope that guests will say, “Wow, I’ve never been to a church like this…”
- Second, expect some help along the way—Greeters will welcome you and help you find classes and nurseries, as well as some coffee!
- Third, expect to find a place where you fit—Your family or friends will find something just for them! Nurseries, children’s ministries, classes, and sermons are all well-planned and prepared so that your Sunday is well invested into personal growth and biblical encouragement.
- Fourth, expect meaningful worship—At Pioneer Baptist Church, we worship Jesus. The music is meaningful, enjoyable, and refreshing. Our goal is worship, not entertainment, and we believe the music will touch you deeply.
- Fifth, expect a practical Bible message—Our pastor will teach through a practical series that applies God’s wisdom to everyday life situations. The Bible has a lot of the answers you’ve been longing for, and it’s critical for your journey through life.
- Sixth, expect to be impacted for the better—Our goal is simple—to love you and encourage you. Whatever you’re facing, wherever you come from, whatever decisions you are up against, God’s Word, God’s grace, and God’s love through the person of Jesus Christ will make a massive difference. Honestly, you’ve never been so loved!
Whether you have a church background or not, you’ll feel welcomed and at home at Pioneer Baptist Church. Every week, new guests are visiting for the first time—many of them would not call themselves Christians or even “religious.” Many of them are burnt out on religion and secularism. Religion tells us to “be good enough” to please God—that’s hopeless. Secularism tells us “there is no God, so life itself is meaningless and hopeless.” Well, Jesus presents the only hopeful answer!
Whether you believe in Jesus or not—have an open mind, come hear God’s Word taught clearly and practically. Investigate who Jesus really is and discover what most religions never tell you about the Bible. Come experience grace in action, and discover the hope that God offers through a relationship, not a religion!
Where are you located?
Wilsonville Community Center
What's the Sunday morning schedule?
Services begin at 9:30 am for our disipleship class and the teens class (Elevate Youth). Following is fellowship and refreshments from 10:15 - 10:45am when the main woriship service and sermon begins. Before the sermon begins, we will dismiss the children to their class (Pioneer Kids). Plan to arrive a few minutes early to check your little ones into nursery and find a seat. You are also welcome to keep your children in the service if you choose.
Is there anything for my children?
Yes. We have a nursery for newborns and toddlers class through 4 years old. The nursery area in the Community Center is clean, safe, and filled with fun toys!
We also have Children's Church for Kindergarden through 5th grade during the morning service at 10:45am. Your children will enjoy a snack, puppet shows, games, and Bible teaching!
All nursery and Children's Church workers have had a background check and are trained to care for your children.
How should I dress?
There is not a dress code at Pioneer Baptist Church for members or guests. Our ministry leaders and many of our church family dress in more traditional “Sunday” dress; however, our main goal is that you would feel welcome and comfortable on your visit here!
What is there for my family?
As Pioneer Baptist Church grows more ministries will be added on a consistent basis. The goal is to have something for everyone in the family.